Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Everybody Still Here???

WOW. When I go on vacation, I really go on vacation, don't I?

I've been back home from Florida (which was AWESOME, by the way) for almost two weeks now and, aside from some preemptive Project Terrible business, I have not done a single horror-related thing in that entire time. No movies, no reading any other blogs (which I feel really bad about, but I will explain my actions in a few seconds), no anything having to do with horror or even movies in general. Normally, I would feel very nervous and terrible about this sudden change, but I'm actually feeling pretty good about it.

You see, I think I was starting to get a little burned out, and this blog was feeling more like homework that I wanted to put off rather than something I really loved doing and looked forward to. I still had all these movies I wanted to or needed to see and I had absolutely no motivation at all to even attempt any of them. So I think it's been good for me to recharge the batteries, so to speak, and take a much-needed break from the world of movies - if only just to remind me how much I love it and missed it while I was gone.

So, blog buddies, The Girl Who Loves Horror is not defunct! She will return, and hopefully with a vengeance... and hopefully soon, because she really needs to stop watching the entire series of Dawson's Creek on Netflix and get back in the horror saddle before all the wise-cracking teenage angst makes her head spin like Linda Blair.




Seriously, though. Dawson's Creek was a great show to watch while you were still a teenager yourself, but as an adult? You really just want to beat the snot out of Dawson and his friends and tell them to stop whining.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back.

    If you want a good segue back into blogging, I'd start with some good, fun horror films like 'Waxwork' or 'Evil Dead.' You'll have a good time...and then have context for the crap you'll be watching for Project Terrible.

    This, of course, is coming from the guy who gave you 'The Garbage Pail Kids Movie.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Come back when you're ready - we're all just hanging out here in the Blogosphere...

    Dang! Well, did you want to beat the snot out of the carnival worker in the first season who asked Dawson who was the lucky lady to receive his just-won stuffed kitty?

    'Cause that was me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Michele! Take your time, because quality is far more important than quantity when it comes to blogging. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great to have you back!

    Agree with you, sometimes you just need a break from all the blogging stuff, especially when fun-blogging becomes pressure-blogging.

    Come back when you're ready. "Enjoy" your Dawson's Creek marathon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have you back, my horror sister! :) My vacation will be in August, going camping in Green River near Moab Utah. This vacation is something I'm in need of.

    Instead of Dawson's Creek, I watch The Golden Girls and The Nanny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted to beat the snot out of Dawson, and I never watched it!

    Blogging should never feel like homework; the best piece of advice that I heard was to blog because you want to not because you feel you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking a break from blogging is sometimes a good thing. I took a month off and felt refreshed. I too love Dawson's Creek, I had a little marathon a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete